Make This Summer Vacation The Best Ever
One hundred days of summer; one hundred chances to take a memorable vacation. So, whether you’re a world traveler or prefer to stay closer to home, we’ve got some fantastic vacation destinations to entice your travel bug.
Top American Cities to Visit in 2016
- Maui: From idyllic beaches to verdant mountains, Maui is escapism at its finest.
- Yellowstone: Boasting some of the most beautiful natural habitats in America, visitors to Yellowstone can experience steaming geysers, multicolored pools, bubbling hot spring and hiking trails that stretch for miles.
- Grand Canyon: One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Grand Canyon boasts some of the most inspiring views America has to offer.
- San Francisco: Diverse culture, historic social movements, and notable landmarks make up this California treasure. Explore each individual neighborhood – from the Mission to the Castro – and experience a city rich in individuality.
- Yosemite: Nature lovers visit Yosemite for its famous landmarks such as Half Dome. Hike the John Muir Trail, revel at the giant Sequoias or just stop and watch the wildlife.
- Washington D.C.: The nation’s capital is the center of America’s rich history. Full of historic landmarks, memorials and famous political locations, D.C. also boasts a lively restaurant and bar scene.
- New York City: From museums to theatres to restaurants, New York has a little something for everyone. If the city gets to hectic for you, retreat to Central Park for a beautiful nature stroll.
- Honolulu: The second Hawaiian city to make the list, Honolulu is a blance of urban and beach environments with pleasant weather year round.
- San Diego: From the ocean to the inland, San Diego appeals to many different types of vacationers. Enjoy its famous beaches or explore its vibrant downtown scene.
Top Countries to Visit in 2016
Via Lonely Planet
- Botswana: This African country celebrates 50 years of independence in 2016. With its unique combination of desert and delta terrain, its landscape is wild, pristine and expansive. Wildlife enthusiasts, this should be at the top of your list!
- Japan: Modern meets ancient in the land of the rising sun. Visit Tokyo as it undergoes massive improvements in preparation for hosting the 2020 Olympics. And go beyond the cities for the elegant and graceful wooden temples.
- USA: America is celebrating 100 years of National Park Service preservation, so what better time to experience the wilderness, historic landmarks and national treasures of the United States? From Earth-rendering canyons to alligator-infested swamplands to crystal geysers, each national park is a triumph.
- Palau: A magical diving and snorkeling paradise, 100% of the its marine territory is protected. Trust us, the fish, coral and other marine life in the Palau waters will leave you speechless.
- Latvia: This Baltic treasure is undergoing a resurrection for its silver anniversary. Resurrecting ancient traditions, restoring crumbling castles and manor houses, and transforming its cuisine into cutting-edge New Nordic fare are all reasons you will want to add Latvia to your vacation list.
- Australia: If you haven’t been to Australia already, add it to your list. From the Great Barrier Reef to Tasmania’s pristine wilderness, Australia houses some of the world’s most amazing natural wonders.
- Poland: Capital city Wroclaw is being celebrated as one of 2016’s European Capitals of Culture. The city is undergoing a makeover that is adding luster to this lesser-known city. Experience artist-in-residence programs, world music days and some of the most stunning architecture in the world.
- Uruguay: Known as the “Switzerland of America,” Uruguay is sandwiched between Brazil and Argentina. Act out a cowboy fantasy, experience nightlife on the sea and or sample the superb restaurant scene. You won’t be disappointed.
- Greenland: Where else in the world can you see the midnight sun glimmer on glaciers, or sail among breaching whales, or dogsled over the tundra? And if you’re lucky you may be able to marvel at the Northern Lights as they dance across the ice.
- Fiji: Definitely on our employee’s top travel lists, Fiji is a tropical paradise. Try your hand at diving and sailing, or relax on the shores with a book. The natural beauty and perfect climate of Fiji will immediately put you at ease.
Where will you be vacationing this summer? Tell us in the comments.