No products in the cart.
Seasonal Tips for Glowing Skin
Ever wonder how all those celebrities keep their skin glowing year-round, no matter what the season or the weather? Sure they have an army of makeup artists and stylists that help them stay perfectly pigmented, but we can learn a thing or two from their top-notch teams. We’ve taken advice from some of our expert friends who keep those celebs looking youthful, and created a year-round plan to help you glow like your favorite celebrity.
- As spring starts, your skin’s glow is at its weakest. Give your glow a kick-start with a good bronzer and a little blush. Apply bronzer on your cheekbones, nose and forehead, wherever the sun would naturally hit your face. Finish with blush on the apples of your cheeks for a gorgeous lit-from-withing glow.
- Wear colors that make your skin appear more sun-kissed. Whites, pastels and bright corals will make your skin look warmer.
- Prepare properly for the summer sun by wearing a sunscreen, even when indoors or on cloudy days. Protecting skin from harmful UV rays has to take place ahead of time, and even when you can’t see the sun!
- Lighten up on the makeup. Summer is the time your skin glows naturally. Show it off by baring it all…on your face that is!
- Wear your sunglasses. Squinting is one of the top causes of crow’s feet and fine lines around the eyes.
- Bring on the eye serum. With the bright summer sun, even if you religiously wear your sunglasses, you are bound to still be squinting occasionally. Be proactive and prevent fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes by using an eye serum day and night.
- Erase summer sun damage resulting in an uneven skin tone by switching out your summer serum to a Brightening Serum. We all want to keep the memories of long summer days, just not on our faces!
- Keep your summer glow as long as possible by avoiding waxing. Waxing and hair-removal creams take off the top layer of your skin, and with it your tan.
- Up your intake of pigment boosting foods like carrots, sweet potatoes and apricots. The beta-carotene contained in them will give your skin a golden boost.
- With winter’s drier climate, now is the time to increase your water intake. Hydrate your skin from the inside out by drinking about one ounce of water for every pound you weigh, recommends WebMD.
- Keep your body beach smooth even when you aren’t on the sand by exfoliating regularly. Slough off rough, dead skin with an exfoliating brush or gloves two to three times a week.
- Recommit to an Overnight Moisturizer. Skin loses more water while you sleep than during the day. Make sure it stays optimally hydrated by using a moisturizer that is specifically formulated to optimize skin’s natural renewal process overnight, while you get some good z’s.
Now you’re ready to glow like your favorite celebrity, no matter what time of year it is. Do you have a good tip for keeping your summer glow year round? Tell us in the comments.