No products in the cart.
Ten Ways to Care for Your Eyes
February is the month of love! And here at Stemology, we’re showing some extra special love to some of our body parts that tend to get overlooked when it comes to skincare.
As the saying goes, the eyes are the windows to the soul. So make sure those windows are clean, clear and well maintained with these 10 tips and tricks for younger looking eyes.
- Invest in your brows. Never underestimate the power of a properly shaped brow! The correct brow for your particular eyes and face shape can make you look more alert, younger and happier!
- Take a tea time. Whether you were cramming for an important presentation or the baby was up five times during the night, if you are sleep deprived, your eyes will show it. Reduce puffiness by applying wet tea bags directly to your eyes. The caffeine in the tea helps shrink the blood vessels and reduce the puffiness.
- Use an eye serum. Notice we didn’t say eye Because just as your treatment serum is the most important step in your skincare regimen, so is an eye serum. Try our Cell Revive Eye Serum Complete with StemCore-3 that has been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of crow’s fee, eye puffiness, bags and dark circles – the triple threat of eye serums!
- Follow your eye serum with an eye cream. Just as you follow your facial serum with a facial moisturizer, incorporate an eye cream into your routine that contains Vitamin K and retinol.
- Conceal what you cannot heal. Sometimes all the under-eye cream in the world cannot get rid of the dark circles from a sleepless night. When you cannot heal them, conceal them with a concealer that is at least two shades lighter than your skin tone – and use a highlighter just underneath the dark area to detract from it.
- Up your iron intake. Dark under-eye circles can be the result of an iron deficiency. Supplement your diet with extra iron in the form of spinach, kidney beans or vitamin supplements.
- Wear your sunnies. Luckily, sunglasses are the best accessory to change up a look, prevent squinting that causes crow’s feet and help protect the sensitive skin around your eye area – but make sure their UV!
- Stop the salt. Too much salt in your diet can lead to water retention…including the appearance of puffy eyes.
- Savor your sleep. The best way to avoid dark circles and puffy eyes is to stop them before they start. With the main culprit being sleep deprivation, make sure you are getting a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night.
- See a professional. Visit your dermatologist or local spa to learn about the latest professional treatments to help your eyes look their absolute best!
What are you going to do to give your eyes a little extra love today? Tell us in the comments.