No products in the cart.
Eat Well, Feel Good, Look Great!
At Stemology, we love the springtime. Flowers are blooming, the sun is shining (at least here in Southern California), and all we want to do is get outdoors. One of our favorite spring activities is visiting local farmers markets for all the delicious fresh fruits and vegetables. Because they are great for your body, both internally and externally. Fruits and veggies are a great way to get healthy glowing skin from the inside out.
So today, we’re mixing up the perfect spring salad loaded with in-season fruits and veggies to fight aging skin, recipe courtesy of Red Path Sugar – a strawberry spinach salad with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. All of these ingredients can be found at your local farmer’s market, and it takes less than 15 minutes to make. This salad is loaded with flavors and health benefits including:
- Spinach: loaded with antioxidants, spinach destroys free radicals in your body that would otherwise damage your skin, causing pre-mature aging.
- Strawberries: contain more vitamin C per serving than oranges or grapefruit. Vitamin C is important for healthy skin because it fights free radicals, which break down collagen, leading to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pecans: are rich in magnesium, which is known for it’s anti-inflammatory benefits. They also contain vitamin A, an antioxidant that helps maintain a clear complexion.
- Olive Oil: is also known for its anti-inflammatory benefits and to fight free radicals
Give it a try today and soak up the benefits!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
How to Prepare:
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Then whisk in the oil.
- For the salad, toss together the spinach, sliced strawberries and pecans. Crumble the feta over top. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and serve immediately.
What’s your favorite spring recipe? Please share it with us in the comments!