No products in the cart.
Spring Renewal, Skin Renewal
We spring clean our house. We spring clean our wardrobe. We spring clean our diet. So, why not spring clean our skin? Spring is all about purging the things that no longer serve us and incorporating new products, techniques and habits that help us rejuvenate, renew and refresh. Here are our 10 tips to spring clean your skin this year.
- Wash your makeup brushes. While we are assuming you are following our advice of washing your makeup brushes once a week to avoid product and bacterial build up, spring is the perfect time for a deep cleaning. If your normal routine includes a quick-dry spray cleaner, take the time now to do a full soap and water wash on your brushes.
- Exfoliate your elbows and heels. Tank tops and flip-flops are cute and comfortable summer wardrobe staples. Make sure your elbows and heels are prepared for their reveal by regularly exfoliating them. Follow with a heavy cream moisturizer day and night.
- Throw out any expired products. Most people don’t realize that skincare products expire just like food and other perishable items. Review the label on your products for specific expiration times. If you can’t find an expiration date, a good rule of thumb is to toss out any products that have been open for 12 months or longer.
- Book a professional treatment. Start springtime out right by having a professional esthetician assess your skin. A good facial will take off the layer of dull dead skin cells, revealing the beautiful new skin beneath. Then ask your esthetician about their recommendations for changing up your at-home products for spring (see below).
- Transition your skincare routine. As we all know, seasonality in skincare is equally as important as seasonality in fashion. Just like you are switching out your pants for shorts, switch out your heavy moisturizer for a lighter one.
- Stock up on new sunscreen. Purge last year’s sunscreen collection and start anew with the ultimate SPF arsenal. Our sunscreen defense team includes a daily moisturizer with SPF, a water-resistant sunscreen for exercise, a spray on high-SPF sunscreen for days at the beach and a sunscreen lotion for our face and more sensitive areas on our body.
- Pamper the skin all over your body. Say hello to spring with a rejuvenating full body massage. Ask your masseuse to work out all the kinks of a winter indoors and walk into this new season renewed from head to toe.
- Invest in professional hair removal. When spring arrives that means summer – and bathing suit season – is just around the corner. Now is the time to invest in professional hair removal treatments like laser or electrolysis, which can take a few months to see full results.
- Get new sunnies. The number one cause of crow’s feet is squinting. So, with longer days and shorter nights, make sure your eyes are protected. And what a great excuse to invest in a new pair of sunglasses!
- Lighten up your makeup. Spring is about being light and natural. Lighten up your foundation. Switch out your darker blushes for more coral and pink tones. And ditch your dark red lips for nudes and naturals.
Are you ready to spring clean your skin? Tell us in the comments what spring cleaning tip(s) you are going to incorporate into your life.