5 Beauty Tips for the Spring Equinox
On Sunday, March 20th, we’ll be celebrating another Spring Equinox in the United States. Also known as the Vernal Equinox, this day marks the time where the sun is exactly above the equator, making the length of daytime and nighttime virtually equal in all parts of the world. As the Northern Hemisphere starts to tilt more towards the sun, the days grow longer days and the nights shorter, ushering in spring and summer.
Spring is traditionally all about new beginnings. Planting new seeds, both physically and metaphorically, birthing new endeavors and stepping out into the unknown, according to Elephant Journal. So, how can we take these concepts and apply them to our beauty routines? We’ve tapped our experts and came up with five beauty-full ways to celebrate the Spring Equinox.
- Get outside. Our Chief Marketing Officer Lori Jacobus recommends celebrating the longer days and warmer weather by heading outside for a hike. “Not only is the fresh air great for your body and spirit, it’s good for your skin too! Just make sure to protect it with sunscreen. I swear by our SunVeil™ Complete OneTint™ Moisturizer with SPF 17.”
- Wake up early. Marketing Manager Jean Macke rises with the sun saying, “Make the most out of the hours in the day by waking up early. I start my mornings off with a workout in the gym. I find it helps me elevate my mood and focus better during the day. Then I eat a healthy breakfast before I head to work.” Bonus: Working out not only helps improve your figure and your mindset; it also helps improve your complexion, according to Everyday Health.
- Set new goals, or revisit old ones. “I love to use the season change as a time to reassess my goals and New Year’s Resolutions,” said Jennifer Newton, Director of Public Relations and Digital Media. Was your goal to take better care of your skin and body? Or to try that new hairstyle you’ve always wanted? Use this time of renewal to recommit to your goals.
- Spend time with family, including your pets. “We work hard,” said Beverly Parsons, Chief Operating Officer, “And it’s equally important to take time to rest and recharge. My favorite down time is spent with my dogs. The fill my heart and soul with so much love, it can’t help but radiate through my face.” Go ahead, give your furry friend some extra love today.
- Out with the old, in with the new. With the season change, it’s out with the old and in with the new. “When the seasons change, I reassess my wardrobe and my skincare routine,” said Kim Wellen, Stemology’s Laboratory Assistant. “Spring approaching reminds me to get my skin in top shape for the summer months, adding Brightening Serum back into my skincare regimen and stocking up on sunscreen.”
We love spring here at Stemology. There is such beauty in the potential of a new season, new beginnings and new opportunities.
What are you doing to usher in spring? Tell us in the comments.