Get Ready for Fall With These 10 Steps
It’s hard to believe that it’s already time for a fall kick off. It seems that every January our team gets together and says,” It’s going to be December before you know it!” And the year, accordingly, seems to fly by. So before the autumnal equinox – where day and night are approximately equal at 12 hours each – happens, let’s take a moment to kick-off fall with intention.
- Pull your summer photos and memories together. Vacations, beach days, summer reads and family fun. Before your memories begin to fade, put together a scrapbook of your summer. Include (printed!) photos, notes and memories from everyone involved.
- Set your intention for fall. What do you want during the fall months in your life? Do you have a goal you want to accomplish? Or maybe you just want to have a relaxing and peaceful September through November. Whatever it is, set your intention now and refer back to it throughout the season. This will help you keep your energy focused on creating the life you want.
- Plan Your “Holidaymoon.” You know about a honeymoon and a babymoon, but what about a Holidaymoon? Before the craziness of the holidays begin (cough, in October, cough) plan one final weekend to get away, relax and appreciate life.
- Pull out your winter clothes. It’s time for scarves and boots again! Get out those warmer styles you stowed away in spring and check for any moth holes or damage. Have them cleaned and prepare to get comfy.
- Prepare your pets. Pets should not be left outside during the harsh winter months. Prepare a warm and happy indoor place for them. Make sure they are up-to-date on their vaccines and have an ample supply of food in case you get snowed in.
- Switch up your skincare routine. It’s time to fade those unwanted memories of summer – summer sun damage. Incorporate products that help fade sunspots, like our Cell Revive Brightening Serum, into your daily beauty routine.
- Create a Fall Bucket List. From watching the trees change colors to getting a Pumpkin Spice Latte, create a fall bucket list and set out to accomplish all the items on it with your family and friends.
- Have your heating systems checked. In anticipation of the cold weather, make sure to have your heater serviced and your fireplaces cleaned and checked. There’s nothing worse than needing them and having to wait a week for them to be repaired while you freeze in your home.
- Get outside. Nothing is better than cool, crisp fall air. Take advantage of the milder temperatures by getting outside and exercising. Before you know it, there will be snow on the ground and temps, being colder, will make it tough to motivate to get outdoors.
- Safety check. Season change is a great time to review your safety supplies. Change the batteries in your smoke detectors. Make sure your fire extinguisher is in working order. Refill your first aid kit. Check the expiration dates on the items in your earthquake or hurricane emergency kit. In the unlikely event of an emergency, you’ll thank yourself later!
Are you excited for fall? Tell us in the comments about your favorite fall kick off activities.