Make Your Skin Merry and Bright With This Fun Cocktail Recipe
Spice up your next holiday party with this fun festive drink that is also good for your skin!
Holiday Beautini Cocktail
- 4 oz Red Wine – A good Cab is preferred
- 2 oz Sparkling Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Orange slice and cinnamon stick to garnish
Your guests and your skin will thank you! Here’s why:
- Red Wine contains resveratrol, an antioxidant that has anti-inflammatory properties. Antioxidants also help protect your skin from external damage (sun, pollution, etc.) and prevent it from aging.
- Sparkling Water is great for skin hydration, as water is the body’s principal chemical component and makes up about 60% of your body weight. And when used topically, carbonic acid (which is the name given to carbon dioxide dissolved in water) promotes circulation boosting skin health.
- Lemon juice helps in the detoxification process of the body. Lemon has Vitamin C which is also responsible for building up collagen in our skin, helping keep the skin younger looking.
- Sugar, when consumed in large amounts, has long been known to be an aging accelerator. But, as a rare sweet treat, sugar is fine in moderation. And topically, it is a great skincare ingredient due to its natural humectant properties which allows it to draw moisture from the environment and into the skin, helping keep skin hydrated.
- Oranges have one of the best skincare nutrients out there – Vitamin C. Vitamin C is vital to healthy skin by producing, maintaining and repairing your skin, ligaments, tendons, cartilage and blood vessels.
- Cinnamon helps to lower blood pressure and blood sugar. It’s natural compounds work like insulin to help promote the absorption of glucose into cells. Topically, cinnamon has antimicrobial properties that can help heal skin. Accidently cut yourself while making that orange garnish? Sprinkle some cinnamon over it. Cinnamon is known to kill bacteria and prevent infections.
The holidays never looked, and tasted, so beautiful!
Sources: StyleCraze.com, Mayo Clinic, The Financial Times, Perfect Skincare for You, SF Gate, Discovery Health