Ingredients To Help Achieve a More Even Skin Tone
The essence of younger looking skin is radiance. It’s that rosy glow that children have naturally. And the older you get, the less radiant your skin becomes. You see, attaining a brighter complexion isn’t easy. The process requires two specific steps: exfoliation to remove discoloration and melanin inhibitors to limit hyperpigmentation. Two steps to radiance – one without the other is simply not good enough. That’s why one-step lighteners and brighteners just don’t work. Here’s what to look for to get the most out of your brightening products:
- Natural Exfoliators: Lemon, orange and sugar are all great natural exfoliants to look for in a good brightening product. Lemon and orange are acidic which naturally exfoliates skin while sugar works manually to exfoliate as you rub the product on your face. Bonus – Because exfoliation naturally thickens skin and improves circulation, your pores will look smoother and more refined!
- AHA/BHA also known as Alpha Hydroxy Acid and Beta Hydroxy Acid or Salicylic acid are not only great for helping increase cell turnover, they also aid in the reduction of the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles! Each of the acids provides its own unique benefits, and when formulated properly, is an anti-aging powerhouse duo.
- Melanin and Tyrosinase Inhibitors: Cell turnover is one thing, but keeping cells lighter longer is the real trick. Look for melanin and tyrosinase inhibitors like vitamin C, ascorbic acid or alpha lipoic acid that reduce the look of pigmentation and help new cells start lighter and stay more radiant longer.
- Hydroquinone alternatives are essential ingredients in safe, natural lightening products. Hydroquinone is one of the most common – and most controversial – ingredients in skin lightening products. You’ve heard us talk about the potential dangers of hydroquinone before (review here and here). So make sure your lightening products do not contain hydroquinone. We always say, better safe than sorry, especially when it’s an ingredient that has been banned in most countries outside of the USA.
- Emollients are ingredients that soften skin and seal in moisture. Exfoliation and lightening agents can be drying to the skin. Make sure your lightening and brightening products contain emollients that rehydrate skin and prevent dehydration and further damage.
- Antioxidants help defend the skin against free radical damage (think sun, smoke, and pollution) that lead to dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Look for ingredients like Retinol, green tea and vitamin C, all great natural antioxidants that are good for skin.
- Stem Cell Technology, like our proprietary StemCore-3, which delivers long-term results by combining human stem cells (ethically gathered from certified adult donors), plant stem cells and ingredient “helpers” to provide a highly effective hyperpigmentation reducer.
Still having a hard time finding a skincare product that includes all these ingredients, try our Cell Revive Brightening Serum. You’ll see lighter, brighter more radiant skin in just 14 days, with even more dramatic improvement after 42 days. And Cell Revive Brightening Serum is 100% hydroquinone and ubiquinone free!