Relax And Rejuvenate Before The Holiday Season
We’ve all heard of a Honeymoon. And you’ve probably heard of the newer trend, a Babymoon. So with the start of fall, and the impending holiday rush, we got to thinking…isn’t it time our culture adopted a Holidaymoon? A Holidaymoon plays off the Honeymoon and Babymoon concepts. Both of these more traditional experiences are designed to offer an idyllic break before diving headfirst into the chaotically wonderful first year of marriage, or having a baby. So, why not have a break before diving into the chaotic and wonderful time of the holiday season?
Let’s face it; the holidays weren’t always that hectic. But over the last 20+ years, the holidays have become a BIG DEAL, and with it, a BIG project (we’re stressed just writing about it!).
Halloween is no longer just about costumes and candy. It’s now the second-biggest decorating holiday of the year, right behind Christmas and outpacing Easter!
And Thanksgiving isn’t just about gathering the immediate family for a turkey dinner anymore. A recent survey found that 20 and 30-somethings are driving a Thanksgiving dinner revolution, incorporating expanded menus (with vegan and vegetarian options!) and expanded invite lists, including more friends and extended family.
And then there’s December and the trifecta of Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza. Company parties, family dinners, ornament exchanges, holiday pageants, winter break from school, tree lightings, buying presents, baking cookies, lighting the menorah, decorating your house…the list goes on and on.
In fact, the American Psychiatric Association did a study on holiday stress and found that:
The holidays are a busy time for people in the United States. From everyday stressors such as working long hours to fighting traffic, caring for aging parents and paying the bills, just when you think your life is stressful enough, the holidays arrive, adding an additional layer of stress to our already busy lives. Depending on how well you manage stress, added responsibilities can have a long-lasting impact on your body and your mind.
During the holidays, stress takes on a different character than at other times of the year. Men and women alike feel a duty to make the holidays the best they can for their families. At the same time, commercialism and hype run rampant during the holidays as the shops and the advertising pressure us to buy more and more expensive gifts during this, their prime shopping season.
So, let’s start a Holidaymoon revolution and make sure we are mentally and physically prepared for the season. Here’s how:
- Schedule a spa day.
- Take a quick weekend trip out of town.
- Plan a brief stay-cation.
- Book a night or two at a local hotel.
- Set aside one day before the holidays for some YOU time.
Whatever you choose to do, they key is to relax, rejuvenate, and take time to mentally and physically recharge yourself so you will have extra energy during the busy holiday season.
To help you on your Holidaymoon, we’re offering a limited-edition Stemology Holidaymoon Collection. It has everything needed to create a soothing, spa-like experience at home before the excitement and craziness of the holidays. Taking a little ‘me’ time can go a long way in recharging and preparing to make a busy, stressful time period more manageable – and less stressful, allowing us to settle in and enjoy every moment.
The limited edition Holidaymoon Collection includes:
- Cell Refresh Foaming Facial Wash: A refreshing, foaming wash formulated with Aspen Bark Extract to minimize the appearance of pores, NanoSilver to address skin breakouts, and Aloe Vera and Green Tea Extracts to leave skin smooth, healthy and vibrant.
- Cell Reboot Ageless Mask with StemCore-3™: A breakthrough formula to lift, tighten and plump skin, with visible results after just one use*. Squalane, Carrot Seed, Meadowfoam Seed and Argan Oils provide regenerative support, while Hyaluronic Acid attracts and binds moisture to the skin.
- Cell Renew Moisture Complete with StemCore-3™: Clinically proven to attract, bind, and retain moisture in the skin*, while improving skin’s overall look, resiliency, and tone. This moisturizer utilizes Cell Detox to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles*.
- ANDERSON LILLEY for Stemology Begin Again Candle: With notes of sweet pineapple, banana, Brazilian Jasmine, toasted coconut and amber, this candle’s scent is evocative of long, carefree days spent in the surf, sun and sand.
The Stemology HolidayMoon Collection will be available for purchase beginning October 2016 exclusively online at stemologyskincare.com for $175 ($234 value).
So, are you with us? If you believe we should all get a Holidaymoon, tell us in the comments or share this post on social media!
*Results may vary. Clinical studies on file.