10 Must-Haves for Your Next Vacation
Spring break. Though vastly different from the spring break of our college years, the excitement for a week to pause is just as infectious. So, whether you are traveling to another country, another state or enjoying a stay-cation, we’ve got your 10 must-have travel essentials for this year’s spring break fun.
- A Good Book. One of our favorite parts of vacation is having the chance to catch up on our ever-growing pile of books to read. Grab a couple of your favorite hardcopies or load up your Kindle with your favorite reads.
- Travel Skincare Essentials. Keep skin looking its vibrant best, even when you travel. We all know that traveling can wreak havoc on our skin (can the air on a plane be any drier??), but with our TSA approved Travel Skincare Essentials, beautiful skin is always within reach.
- Eye Mask & Earplugs. If you’ve got a long flight ahead of you, followed by some serious travel management (planes, trains and automobiles) before you get to your final vacation destination, getting some shut-eye while you are able can make all the difference. But we all know sleeping on a plane isn’t as easy as it seems. Block out the world with a good, old fashioned set of foam ear plugs and a sleep mask.
- Healthy Snacks. Viable food options can be few and far between when traveling, especially if you have diet restrictions. Pack some extra snacks to tide you over. Some of our favorites are fruit (bananas especially), nuts (unsalted if you’re flying), and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich packed from home!
- Travel Toothpaste and Toothbrush. Especially if you are traveling on a red-eye or an exceptionally long distance, your mouth can get dry and feel icky. Keep a small toothpaste and toothbrush in your purse so you can freshen up before exiting the plane.
- Hand Cream. Nothing is worse than dry, cracked hands while traveling. Keep a great hand cream close to help combat dry airplane air or varying climates. We recommend our Cell Renew Hand and Nail Crème Complete.
- Your favorite sunnies. Especially if you are going to a warmer, sunnier climate for vacation, a good pair of sunglasses is essential. WebMD recommends you find a pair that has UV protection, a snug fit and polarized lenses. And don’t forget to pack sunglasses for the kids too!
- Don’t forget your charger. At this point, we’ve all left home without a charger for our cell phone, computer or iPad. And what a pain that is! Don’t forget to pack chargers for all of your devices and an extra battery pack in case you run out of outlet space.
- Multi-functional (yet stylish) backpack. As women, we often carry the brunt of supplies while on vacation because, after all, everyone is so used to us carrying a purse anyway. Treat yourself to a hands-free bag like this adorable silver mini backpack from Refinery29.
- A great hat. Whether you are swimming in the ocean or hiking a mountain, bring along a great hat that will protect your skin from excessive sun exposure while keeping your hair out of your face.
Did we cover all the essentials? Tell us in the comments what items you can’t live without when you travel.