Faux Ice Cream Cones
When we found this gorgeous summer snack, we couldn’t wait to try it! And it is as delicious as it is healthy for you. Perfect for any summer occasion, or any time you are having a sweet craving, these Faux Ice Cream Cones are going to be our new summer staple. Enjoy!
Faux Ice Cream Cones
- Waffle Cones: Waffle cones don’t have to be bad for you! Make a gluten free cone that tastes as good as an original with this recipe from Gluten Free and More.
- Frozen Yogurt: Yogurt is a dairy product made from milk with bacterial culture. Containing essential vitamins and minerals for overall body health, yogurt is also important for the healthy formation of cells, bones, and teeth. You can find vegan yogurts that are equally as delicious, nutritious, and kinder than their cow’s milk counter parts. Kite Hill is one of our favorites.
- Mixed Berries, Frozen: Berries are superfruits that have a long list of health benefits. High in antioxidants and polyphenols, berries help fight chronic disease and cancer, while reducing the risk of heart attack. We recommend including strawberries, cherries, blackberries and raspberries.
- Dark Chocolate, Shredded: A 100-gram bar of dark chocolate (without sugary additives) is an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber and minerals. Dark chocolate has been shown to improve blood flow, raise HDL (the good) cholesterol and lower LDL (the bad) cholesterol, and may decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease. Look for vegan dark chocolate made by fair trade brands that support sustainable farming practices and fight to end the exploitation of farm workers. We recommend Green & Black’s, Newman’s Own and Endangered Species.
- Nuts, Chopped: Besides being packed with protein, nuts contain Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, vitamin E and plant sterols. Walnuts, almonds and other nuts help to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of developing blood clots.
- Fill bottom of waffle cone with frozen yogurt.
- Add in a layer of frozen berries over the frozen yogurt.
- Top with chopped nuts and shredded dark chocolate.
- Add spoon and serve.
Incorporate this healthy snack into your summer menu. And let us know how you liked it in the comments!