Your To “Dew” List
According to Style Caster, there is good reason for wanting that dewy glow. Not only does glowing skin look feminine and natural, plump hydrated skin is also a sign of youth. (Remember when your skin had that natural glow-from-within all the time?) So as we move into spring, here are our 10 tips for achieving youthful looking, dewy skin.
- Drink plenty of water. I know, I know, we’ve all heard it before; drink lots of water. But it’s true – hydrated-looking skin starts from the inside out. And if you are jacked up on caffeine and soda and sugar, your skin will show it. Keep your body’s hydration levels up by drinking an ounce of water for every pound you weigh. (WebMD) to flush out those skin damaging toxins!
- Dewy skin starts with clean skin. No matter how much makeup you put on, if your skin isn’t fresh, your makeup won’t look it either. Just like any artist, you’ve got to start with a clean canvas! Thoroughly cleanse your skin every morning and every night with a cleanser that hydrates, soothes and balances your skin’s pH levels.
- Highlight your foundation. Now that you’ve got the perfect canvas, mix a drop of liquid highlighter into your foundation and apply with a damp beauty sponge for an extra glow.
- Spritz. In a spray bottle, mix two parts water and one part Marula oil (you can find it at most health food stores). After you’ve applied your makeup, give your face a spritz or two. The mixture will soften skin and help balance your moisture levels.
- Exfoliate. Nothing makes skin look less luminous than a layer of dry dead skin cells dulling your glow – bummer! Exfoliate regularly (2 – 3 times a week) with a scrub or a mask to help skin turnover and rejuvenation. You’re welcome.
- Don’t forget your eyes. The delicate skin around your eye area is prone to fine lines and dark circles. Give it a dewy boost by using an eye serum that reduces puffiness, bags, fine lines and dark circles, all in one. We recommend our Cell Revive Eye Serum Complete for all those reasons and more!
- Keep your makeup natural. With a dewy glow, let your skin be the star. Keep lipstick, eye shadow and blush colors natural and to a minimum. One area you do want to pump it up? Your lashes. Long lush lashes are a great compliment to dewy, glowing skin.
- Know the difference between dewy and oily. There’s a fine line between a natural, hydrated glow and slick, oily skin. Keep your moisture under control and if you start to get a little too much glow, keep some blotting papers in your purse.
- Use an overnight moisturizer. Not all moisturizers are created equal. Since your body – and skin – does the majority of its repairing and regenerating while we sleep, use a specific moisturizer at night that is designed to focus on repair, recovery and hydration, like our Hydro-Plus Overnight Moisturizer.
- Nothing shows off your inner glow more than a happy disposition.
Spring is the perfect time to debut a dewy glow. Do you have any tips to achieve dewy skin? Tell us in the comments!